Skippy had an accident with her bike. Besides some bruises, a small concussion, a few scratches and some post-accident syndromes she is fine.
|I put umbrella there to cover her from the hot sun. The other pannier is in the right ditch - it flew quite a bit.|
|Help on its way.|
|Skippy already high - I know that feeling ;)|
The V-Strom is a DL-650, MY 2004, (color: pink but maybe that is secondary)
Now if you have some old/excess parts which you do not need anymore, we would be very happy to get those rather then buy those new from the dealer.
I did a quick check and here is a first list of what went broken on the bike:
- handlebar: new one needed - does anybody have one extra or can tell me where can I get a decent after-market one from?
- wind screen, wind screen brace, cowling body, right cowling: that seems to be pretty much all trash. Anybody has parts for those? Or a good idea how to ride safely without?
- the front fork has tolerance and I hope this is only in the bearing - more about this tomorrow. If anybody has an idea how to check that the front fork is not bend, please let me know.
- Front support frame: the entire front is bent towards the right side. I need to check if there is a support frame and what is its condition - tomorrow more.
- Two super-long screws which connect the weights at the end of the handlebar: need new ones. Anybody has those extra?
- Mounting frames for the Odyssey II Jesse Luggage panniers: they have been really badly bent this time and I am not sure if we can fix them anymore: Anybody got parts for that?
- Right panniers lid badly dashed: maybe we can hammer it back unless somebody got one extra.
- left foot peg broken - maybe we weld it to the bike unless somebody has a spare.
- top case - lock holder - I think we just screw the top case to the mounting frame
Besides that our video camera looks suffered - I check this tomorrow.
Helmet is trash - Skippy needs to get a new on doctor's order!
We are nearby Kearney, Nebraska and stay right now at some really nice and helpful people. Bob and Peggy even lend us their car today so I could drive Skippy to the ER - imagine that! Bob also has some welding machines with which we can fix some other parts.
This whole repair might take a while. Is there anybody nearby who has some space for us or knows where we could stay (budget-class).
The painkillers do a good job and we go to bed now to get some rest.
If you have anything which we can use or you have some answers to my other questions then please send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Twisted throttle mirrors twisted nicely - no need for mirror replacement this time :)|
|And I just fixed that camera last week!|